Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Serendipity

Innocence.
Let it break my heart.
I'm gone with the wind.

Forever.

Cruelty,
that their faceless beings
harbor deep within.
I'm sick of all the selfishness.

Whatever.

When the lights go low.
I feel my skin sink slow.
I hear the music fade.
Watch them be replaced,
with thoughts of you.
And I

Surrender.

Hear the bells,
down the hill,
watch them call to us.
The strong,
who think they're weak,
Which only makes them

Stronger.

Watch the skies,
turn to black
As the lights come on.
Artificial lights,
Like the artificial happiness
in our minds,
will never take the pain away.
And we wait,
for another day.
So we can once again be

Better.

So I follow the sound of the music,
Expecting happiness among them playing it.
And I walk down the hills to find,
They're as broken as the rest of us.
I run up the hill again
to where I began my search,
and see,
Even though nothing's changed,

Serendipity.